Thursday, October 1, 2015

Church talks

A good friend said she had been given a challenge to read and study all the General Conference talks from April before the next General Conference. Here is it October and another General Conference is approaching. I want to do the same, read and study General Conference and other talks from the church. There are so many amazing talks from the church that teach me and fill my soul with light. Between the scriptures-- Old Testament, New Testament, Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, Pearl of Great Price and church talks I could study forever. Plus the amazing library of good books I have gathered over the years. Never a reason not to study.

I just listened to a talk from Women's Conference, "Discovering the Divinity Within". WOW there is a lot there. I will have to take it in parts and really think on it. I have never given much thought to divine nature. 

At church on Sunday the lesson was on the talk "Is It Still Wonderful To You". Another talk with a lot there to study! So much there to learn if I can just find a way to drink from its pages! Its a talent that I want to learn, to study a talk, to take it apart and look deeply at its teachings.

No comments:

Post a Comment